New Zealand Government is offering scholarships for students starting full-time postgraduate degree programmes in 2017. Scholarships are available for national of African Commonwealth countries, Africa – non-Commonwealth countries, Asia, Latin America, Caribbean Commonnwealth countries and Caribbean non-Commonnwealth countries.
Applicants must return home for at least two years after your scholarship ends, and apply your skills and knowledge so your country can benefit from what you’ve learned. IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. TOEFL is the Test of English as a Foreign Language. If you are awaiting the result of an IELTS or TOEFL test, you can note this on your scholarship application form.
all levels study will be in several regions .
Scholarships are awarded for study related to Agriculture Development and Renewable Energy (for Africa and Latin America); For China: Preference will be given to candidates who apply to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Rural development; Food safety and biosecurity; Tourism and small business development and Agriculture Development; For Mongolia and Nepal: Preference will be given to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy, Private Sector Development and Public Sector Management; For Timor Leste: Preference areas are Private sector development (business and commerce), Technology, Tourism and hospitality, Agriculture Development (including fisheries and forestry), Governance, peace and justice and Environment and resource management and for the Caribbean:Preference will be given to Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy and Disaster Risk Management.
- The entitlements of the Scholarship include full tuition fees.
- a living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance.
- medical and travel insurance, travel between your home country and New Zealand at the start and end of your scholarship, home leave or reunion travel for some eligible scholars.
- pastoral and academic support at your institution, and assistance with research and thesis costs for most postgraduate research students.
the applicants must have
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.
- Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.
- Important note: this condition does not apply to applicants from the Cook Islands, Tokelau or Niue, or applicants from Samoa with dual Samoa-NZ citizenship.
- Have resided in your home country for at least two years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship.
- Important note:this condition does not apply to applicants who are members of the diplomatic corps or their dependants, and may not apply to applicants for Short Term Scholarships.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience (part time or fulltime, paid or voluntary).
- Important note:this condition does not apply to applicants from the Pacific who are applying for a pre-service scholarship -Not be serving military personnel.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.).
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship.
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country.
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
- Nationality Applications for New Zealand Development Scholarships are welcomed from the following countries.
- African Commonwealth countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Africa – non-Commonwealth countries: Algeria, Angola, Dijbouti, Ethiopia, Egypt, Gambia, Senegal, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Asia: Mongolia, Nepal, Timor-Leste, Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Euador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Caribbean Commonnwealth countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Dominca, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent & the Grenadines, and Caribbean non-Commonnwealth countries: Dominican Republic, Haiti, Suriname.
March 15, 2017.
Application, info and source
the official website click here