The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Scholarship Programme (or MSP) offers scholarships to professionals from ten countries,The programme is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Level of Study
short courses in the Netherlands, between two and twelve weeks.
Fields of study
MSP country list
Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria* and Tunisia.
N.P: MSP is not currently open to applicants applying from Syria. Applicants with the Syrian nationality may however apply if they are residing and working in one of the other selected MSP countries.
Benefits of scholarships
The overall aim of the MSP is to contribute to the democratic transition in the participating countries. It also aims at building capacity within organisations by enabling employees to take part in short courses in various fields of study.
Scholarships are available for short courses with a duration between two and twelve weeks.
Eligibility for the scholarships
Must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- Must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format EP-Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
- Must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff-development. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- Multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- Large national and/or a large commercial organisations,
- Bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- Mmultilateral donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- International NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- Must have an official and valid passport
- Must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- Must not be over 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
Requirements and how to apply:
You need to apply directly at the Dutch higher education institution of your choice.
- Check whether you are in the abovementioned target groups.
- Check whether your employer will nominate you.
- Select a course from the course list.
- You must visit the official website below .
Deadline of scholarships
Vary, from country to country and from program to program.
Application, info and source
Important note: The candidates now need to apply for an MSP scholarship directly at the Dutch education institution.
For info, the official website click here.