The University of British Columbia (UBC) is inviting applications for Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship available for outstanding scholars from around the world.
UBC recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $10 million CAD annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Since 1915, UBC’s West Coast spirit has embraced innovation and challenged the status quo.
postdoctoral research program .
- The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are provided annually from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are available for most fields of research.
- Fellowships of $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
- must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date. Completion of PhD requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree. Although these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date. The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities. The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their PhD. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- must not have pursued PhD-level studies at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- must not currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a university or college. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term, or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- may be citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
November 17, 2017.
Application, info and source
to visit and to apply in official website click here .