Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and to Italian citizens living abroad (hereinafter referred to as IREs) for the Academic Year 2017-2018. The aim of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spread the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote the Italian economic and technological system throughout the world.
Italian government Scholarships
Level of Study
Master, PhD, research, training courses, language courses. art and music as follows:
- second-level University courses (five-year degree/Master of Science) (Laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Master’s Degree courses (First and Second Level)
- Ph.D Courses
- Specialisation Schools
- Research under academic supervision
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music and dance and Cinema
- Courses of Italian language and culture
- Training/refresher courses for Teachers of Italian language
Fields of study
Eligible countries for the scholarships
Afghanistan, africa, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, federation, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Ivory coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, korea, Kosovo, Kyrgyzistan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaisya, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian territories, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russian Senegal, Serbia, Slovakya, Slovenia, Somalia, South sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailandia, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukrayne, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia
Benefits of scholarships
Full scholarships including air ticket to / from Italy, economy class.
Eligibility for the scholarships
- Must be a national of one of eligible countries.
- Age: 18 and 36 years. and for PhD program the maximum age limit is 33
- Language candidates shall submit a certificate showing their knowledge and proficiency in the Italian language for course and programs in Italian while The knowledge of the Italian language is not required for enrolling in the university courses fully provided in English.
- Foreign students or IREs may apply if they have the academic qualifications required for enrolling in the institution chosen. so it is advised to see the the institution requirements first.
Deadline of scholarships
10 May 2017
Application, info and source
Scholarship website: click here to read the call
Scholarship Application: www.borseonline.esteri.it/BorseOnLine/