The Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB) invites excellent scientists from all countries and at different career stages to apply for a research. These fellowships are designed to enable outstanding scientists to contribute to research at IGB and thus further their own scientific development or training.
PhD students, postdoc.
research on freshwaters or inland fisheries .
Benefits of fellowships
- IGB provides excellent laboratory and field facilities for interdisciplinary research, large-scale experimental facilities as well as long-term research programmes.
- Cover of basic living expenses. 1,365 €/month at the doctoral level, 1,828 €/month at the postdoctoral level, and 2,600 €/month at the senior scientist level.
- Some funds can be provided for consumables and travel allowances.
Eligibility for the fellowships.
The type of fellowship applicable to your career stage depends on your qualifications at the intended starting date. Applicants must hold a Master degree or equivalent (PhD fellowships) or a doctoral degree (postdocs and senior scientists) in one of the research areas at IGB.
Before submitting an application, please contact your potential host and develop a research programme in accordance with your host group. The following subjects may help to identify the best potential host to pursue your ideas.
- Ecosystem Research
- Experimental Limnology
- Biology and Ecology of Fishes
- Ecophysiology and Aquaculture
- Analytical Chemistry and Biogeochemistry
Requirements and how to apply
- CV, including a complete list of publications
- Aertificates of your Master degree or equivalent, or of your doctoral degree, respectively
- A letter indicating your research interests and experience (max. 1 page)
- Your proposed research programme at IGB (max. 1 page), including potential research host(s) and time line
- Two letters of recommendation to be (a) uploaded by the applicant to our application platform or (b) sent by the reference contact directly to Dr. Ina Severin (firstname.lastname@example.org, cc to email@example.com)
Note: Scientists currently residing in Germany are not eligible to apply.
June 1 and December 1 of each year.
Application, info and source
to visit and to apply in official website click here .