The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work , In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you. Once your host has confirmed, you can apply for a fellowship.
Level of Study
master , phD degree , Post-Doctoral .
Benefits of fellowships
- A monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications.
- Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course.
- A study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career.
Eligibility for the fellowships
- Citizenship of the United States, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, Brazil or India.
- Bachelor’s or comparable academic degree, completed less than twelve years prior to the starting date of the fellowship (October 1 of the year following application).
- Demonstrated leadership potential; applicants whose background is largely academic should also have gained some leadership experience beyond their own research activities.
- Either English or German language skills.
Deadline of Fellowships
Applications for the 2018-2019 fellowship are now open and close on September 15, 2017. Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin contacting potential host institutions as soon as possible.
Application, info and source
For info, the official website click here .