The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a German, independent political foundation. offer Phd scholarships and it grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- proof of admission to doctoral studies by a state or state-recognised university, as a rule in Germany
- preliminary work must have been completed
- valid timetable for completion
- proof of social commitment
- proof of proficiency in German
- Scholarship holders from an EU country receive of 1,350 euros per month, while a non-EU country receive 1,000 euros per month
- a research cost allowance of 100 euros per month
- various individual allowances.
- Additionally a family allowance may be granted.
1 March 2017